Black Bean, Beef and Corn Chili
I love a big bowl of chili when it's cold and rainy - so every other day here in Portland Or. I made with with Bobs Red Mill black bean mix but you could easily use a couple cans of black beans.
- 2 cups of dried Bob's Red Mill Black Bean soup mix OR 2 cans of black beans
- 4 cups of broth (I used some bone broth I had made the week previous - any broth will work)
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1-2 cups of frozen corn
- 1 large can or 2 small cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 tiny can of tomato paste
- 1 T cumin
- 1-2 teas each of garlic power, chili power, chili flakes - taste as you go!
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you have dried bean mix add broth and beans and bring to boil - then simmer for an hour or so, or until beans are soft. While beans are cooking brown ground beef in some avocado or olive oil - season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chili power. Then add in remaining ingredients - simmer, taste, season, simmer, taste and repeat until you want to eat it.
If you are using canned beans - reduce the liquid to just half.
Enjoy! Snap a pic and tag me when you are done! @portlandtrainerpaisley