Baked Oatmeal All Ways
I'm obsessed with baked oatmeal. It feels like a yummy bakery treat but is so full of all the fiber and healthy fats you want. Try this one or make your own version of this.
- 2c oats
- 3/4c milk of your choice (I like to heat this milk up in a saucepan with chai tea!)
- 1c apple sauce
- 1/4c walnuts
- 1/8 ish cup each of chia seed and hemp seeds
- 1/8 ish cup of diced crystallized ginger (or you can add 2t of ground ginger or fresh grated ginger)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 t of cinnamon (or sometimes I use pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/4t salt
- 2t of vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4c honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups of either berries, chopped apples, pears, cranberries, any yummy fruit! Banana?
Mix it up, add to a bread loaf or 7X11 baking dish - any dish has worked for me!
Bake at 350 for 30-35m
For this baked oatmeal I added a layer of some leftover cranberry sauce! YUM!